“To be an artist is to believe in life” - Henry Moore
What is Art?
The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power is called art.
Is everything around us a form of Art?
This may seem a little confusing, but yes it is. Let us understand with some examples:
- The room in which you are sitting has a structure and this structure is the art of the architect who designed it.
- The walls of this room are painted, and that is the art of the painter.
- The mobile phone or laptop on which you are reading this article is the art of the engineer who designed it.
- The article too is a form of art of its author.
- The music you listen to is the art of the musician and the singer.
- And of course, all the paintings and drawings are art too.
It’s just the way in which you see things and it’s the personal opinion of everyone of what is an art to them and what is not.
How to find your niche in Art?
Every one of us has an artist inside us. It’s just that we have to find which niche it belongs to. Here are a few ways to find your niche in art, Just make a list of all those things
- You are passionate about.
- That you do in your daily life with full focus without any pressure at your own will. You just unconsciously become focused while doing those things.
- Which you have not learned but which you already knew how to do. Eg:- some people are born singers, some are born writers, some are born artists.
- Doing which you just go into your own world without caring about what is going on around you.
- Which makes you feel energetic, fresh, and relaxed.
Find the one thing which matches all these requirements and bang on this is your niche in art.
Is Art a substitute for meditation?
This is a very common thing that people talk about. My take on this is also positive. According to my experience yes art is the best substitute for meditation. While doing art you are in the same state of mind as you are while doing meditation i.e. your mind is focused on just ONE thing.
Some more benefits of doing Art
- Art is the best stress reliever out there, doesn’t matter what form of art you are doing, just put all your stress in it and then see how creative you are.
- Art can help you in escaping the harsh realities of life, even if it is for a moment, but if you do it regularly then it’ll help you in living a happy and peaceful life throughout.
Now get to work, find your niche of art, practice it and see your life improve……